Sunday, November 2, 2008

Issue 5: Comic Relief

I'm extremely encouraged by all the recent lively debates about health care and other issues. I hope they continue. I also, as editor of this blog, want to sincerely apologize to anyone who has been offended. I hope that all of you continue to share your valued opinions. Without you this blog isn't worth much. 

I thought we could use a little comic relief--help to lighten the mood. If you haven't seen these gems, enjoy. The first is an SNL skit with John McCain and Sarah "Fey-lin." I think it's hilarious and am actually very impressed with McCain both for his display of comedic timing and for his willingness to go on the show--almost makes me want to vote for him . . . almost. The second is a piece on The Onion about Obama participating in a "Presidential Internship" in order to boost his resume.

Along with making us laugh, I hope these clips can also help us to not take our political opinions too seriously.

Thanks again for contributing. I sincerely appreciate everyone's opinions and contributions.

No comments: